Meteor Soccer

“To your left!” Eli immediately swung to the left and fired. There was a solid smack noise he and sent the meteorite flying back towards the opposing team. “I’ll chase you stay behind” Eli nodded his understanding and dropped back towards the goal in a defensive position. His teammate shot away after the ball and opened fire to knock the ball into the goal, it was a frantic and uncoordinated attempt but with 2 mins to go what else can you do.

The second player aimed and fired knocking the ball away from the goal just in time, the ball flew across the field to Eli who in a much more orderly fashion passed straight off to his teammate. He skilled around the defender using techniques that took hours of practice and quickly passed back to Eli who in the moment of drawing the goalie out passed back to his teammate and he shot the ball into the back of the net.

“YES,” Eli shouted. As if on call the final alarm went off and the game was over: they had just won the national championship by a mere 1 point. They all flew back down to the platform and Eli jumped out of his pod as nimbly as a cat and raced over to his friend who was just getting out. Eli slapped him on the back and put his arm over his shoulder. “You did it Jasper” he yelled excitedly “you did it”. “Well it was a good pass, we couldn’t have won if it wasn't perfect”. Jasper breathed. They looked at each other a grin on both their faces. They had been friends for their whole lives and did almost everything together, mostly meteor soccer.

“Lets go and join the others” said Eli looking up, “good idea Eli”. As they worked up to the crowd they were greeted by a massive cheer and people started working over to them, slapping them on the back and the world congratulations echoed round their ears.

They celebrated long into the night at the Town Hall eating, dancing and talking about the events of the day. The only person that wouldn't dance was Jasper who was to embarrassed to dance and kept claiming that he’d eating to much and would throw up if he tried.

It was late when Eli made his way home along the winding streets of Orcan. When he reached his house he was surprised to see a figure sitting on the step. As the figure looked up Eli was shocked to recognise the figure a figure he hadn’t seen in 15 years. “Dad?”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!