The Enchanted Forest

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Far away on a high rocky cliff there was an enchanted forest. In the forest there grew, the most beautiful plants ever seen. The enchanted forest was filled with the chirping of happy nightingales. There were also lots of cute puppies and adorable kittens. Hidden in the forest was a tiny cottage. It had sparkly blue walls and a tiny violet door. A beautiful golden glow came from inside the cottage.
Far below the cliff was a shimmering blue sea. It was so tranquil in the warm sunshine. Suddenly the water turned dark black. A hideous ugly beast emerged from the sea. Right after a small fairy fluttered out of the trees. Behind her two humans followed.
"Oh no, not the evil queen again," the fairy moaned. The evil queen was determined to make everyone leave the enchanted forest, including the cute puppies, adorable kittens and beautiful birds.
The tiny fairy, Aurora, had stopped the evil queen many times, with the help of her human friends Violet and Isadora. The three friends heard a loud noise, and turned around but to their shock saw a big bolt of lightning coming towards the trees and plants. It struck the tree! Isadora, Violet and Aurora ducked down just in time.
"Oh no, the plants!" said Violet. The plants had turned brown. "There is only one way to stop this," whispered Violet, "We have to put the silver heart back in the little cottage, that is in the middle of the enchanted forest."
"But where is the silver heart?" cried Aurora, after the evil queen had gone.
"I don't know," said Violet, "but we have to find out."
They ran after the evil queen who was flying away on an old, dirty broomstick. They hoped to see the silver heart but instead they saw what appeared to be a grey, dull castle. Violet, Isadora and Aurora saw something glittering at the top.
"The silver heart!" cried Isadora.
Placed at the top of the castle was the silver heart. They started to walk towards the castle but two angry guards blocked their way. Luckily Aurora had a plan. They would disguise themselves as the evil queen's servants. She quickly told Violet and Isadora.
The tiny fairy used her magic to change the clothes of the three friends into servant clothes. The three friends walked towards the castle. This time the two guards greeted them politely. They crept up to the top floor. Quietly they took the heart and tiptoed back down the stairs. The friends carried the silver heart back to the little cottage and placed it in a heart shaped bowl. Isadora, Violet and Aurora all cheered and cheered.
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!