The Quest For The Healing Stone

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

One sunny, magical day three best friends Princess Louise, Gemma the witch and Dylan the Wizard get a letter in the mailbox. It looks really old and mysterious they were so excited, they opened it straight away. When they opened it three whistles fell out, one was sky blue the second was pearly white and the last was an ombré of yellow, red and orange. They read the letter and it said…

“Dear Princess Louise, Gemma the Witch and Dylan the Wizard, you have been invited to go on a Quest to find the Stone of healing. It is found in the heart of Mt Dormant! It will be the biggest adventure you have ever had and the hardest challenge you have ever faced! Those whistles are to call Pegasus that will help along the way, make sure you have the whistles on you at all times. Gemma you will need to zap the letter with a Conjuration spell to transform the letter into a map it will lead you to the Heart of Mt Dormant where the Healing Stone is, you must be careful of the Dragon. The Dragon is the meanest dragon in our mythical world. Are you willing to accept the Quest? If you do except the quest please hurry because the doctors need the Healing Stone to help heel, Princess Louise’s father, King Roland.
Kindest Regards
Queen Eleanor and Headmistress at WWPMA (witches, wizards and princesses magic academy).”

Thirty minutes later they can see Mt Dorment...BANG...they see a big flame that shoot right out of the top of Mt Dorment. They said that it must be the terrifying, dangerous Dragon they were warned about and they must be very careful of the Dragon. They come closer to the mountain and see something sparkling in a cave just around the corner from where they were flying. They slowly and quietly flew up to the mouth of the cave and landed on the edge next to the entrance. They were about to walk in and look for the Stone and then... ROAR….. the Dragon was right behind them… ‘FLY GO GO GO’ they yell they fly fast away from the Dragon. But the Dragon was still following them so they try lose him by going around in circles, up and down. They turn around to see if the Dragon was still following them but he wasn’t there, they thought that they lost him but..BAM..he appeared right in front of them. They scream and do a sharp turn and disappear in a cave.

When the friends are in the cave they realise that the cave is the one the holds the Healing Stone. There is a magical glow coming from a crevice in the wall of the cave. Gemma walks over, tries to pull out the stone but it won’t budge, so Dylan walks over and tries as well but it still doesn’t move, last Lousie tries but it’s still no good it doesn’t move. Then they had a idea they will all try at the same time and YAY it comes out. THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP. They leave the cave quietly and fly straight down the steep, mountain and hide under the trees and Escape from the Dragon. After some time they pass the Pegasus’s home and head straight for the Royal castle, they get to the massive, wooden castle doors and fly vertically up over the wall and straight to the King and Queens bed room window where King Roland is resting. People are gathering around his bed, they go in through the window and bring the stone over to the doctors and the doctors put the stone on the Kings chest. The doctors say it may take an hour or so to fully heal him. So they waited for an hour and then they hear a sound, they look at the bed and see the king waking up. They all celebrate the Kings recovery and the successful quest of the 3 Best Friends. They then put the stone on the Hall of Treasures.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!