Macori

As she crept across the jagged rocks, her lush, braided hair trailing along behind her, she was unaware of anyone who could be pursuing her.
This girl's name was Amber and she was competing in a course that would decide her future. Amber was a teenage Scandinavian Girl and the name of this course was Macori. Amber at the present moment, was creeping along the jagged rocks at the edge of a steep hill side. Then another competitor snuck up with a sharpened rock in hand. Amber spun round not a moment too soon and managed to duck the swipe from the sharp cut edge of the rock. Now it was her turn to attack, she spun her leg round and knocked her opponent off their feet. With her enemy dazzled, she quickly took the opportunity too and knocked her opponent out cold with a punch. "Phew" Amber breathed a sigh of relief.
"Lucky I heard her," she said, "I really need to be more aware of my surroundings," she muttered to herself.
Part Two: Behind The game
A few days later into the comp, she had pulled through to the final division. Now she stood in an arena facing her opponents.
"BEGIN!" yelled a man. Amber didn't take a good look so she couldn't take in his personality, only his gender. The first move was made by a Boy. He lunged at her but Amber weaved his offences with ease then she sprinted across the arena and camped as a girl with long, slung back, blonde hair took the next move at him. He didn't have as good or as quick reflexes as Amber did, so she succeeded in her attack and he was eliminated. Next, she turned to another blondie racing towards Amber. Amber prepared for a three way collision and she in the end had won!
Part Three: The Celebration
Amber Jumped for joy as she realised that she had won!! The man standing on the podium stepped down and awarded her with a gleaming coated gold trophy with flecks of sapphire peeking through the coat of gold. She sped out of the arena to update her family on the amazing news.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!