War For The Final Wish

The year is 2186. Humans have gotten to Mars, but after people found out magical creatures were on Earth, the people came flooding back. The war of Magic happened, and all the magic creatures that survived came together with the humans and lived together. Most of the genies were lost in the war, but one remains on Earth. “Wake up, twerp!” Jenny yelled, centimetres from Drake. Drake woke up to the sound of stampeding footsteps. He rushed outside to see a stampede, humans and creatures, all digging in the same spot. He wondered if he should join the stampede, but as he was going to, an elf called Ert pushed out of the crowd. Drake couldn’t believe his eyes. Is that a real genie bottle? He couldn’t tell for sure. Ert ran nimbly through the crowd, with a group of pixies on his trail. Drake finally turned to see where he was going. The Museum of Magical Artefacts. That was the start of a war.
After that day, the bottle got inspected. They found out that it was a genie and had only one wish left. The museum locked it up and put high security on it. Nothing else really happened for a few years with the bottle until 2194, eight years after magical creatures were discovered on Earth and three years after the genie was found. Some greedy creatures (and human) formed a secret group to take the genie for their own and use its last wish. It was late at night when the war began. The group consisted of Yongo, the human leader, Dreet, the vampire and Wave, the mage.
At 5:00 AM, the museum’s alarm started blaring. Drake woke up, startled, wondering why the alarm went off. Not wanting to alarm the others, asleep, he ran outside. What he saw was terrifying. Is this really happening? Buildings were burnt, humans and magical creatures were rushing about with weapons. The happy town looked more like a nuclear war zone. Drake rushed inside to grab his mother’s rake and ran outside. He knew what was going on. The genie’s been stolen! He looked around for any spots no-one had looked at or any signs of where they could be. The forest!
Drake ran nimbly into the forest, as speedy as a cheetah in a rocket-powered Ferrari. He turned left and right, letting his guts tell him where to go. Eventually, he saw a dim light and let his brain take over. He snuck over to the light and hid in a bush. He looked around in all directions, and finally saw the genie bottle, over on a birch log. Drake thought it was going to be a bit more protected. He grabbed for it, only to hear a loud and stern voice command, “Make the wish! He’s going to steal it!” Drake was so startled, he couldn’t get up. Better prepare myself for this wish. “I wish for a genie with unlimited wishes.” Drake couldn’t believe his ears.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!