The Magical Moonstone

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

As the sun was showing it’s first glorious rays of light, a shadow was gliding in the beautiful dark trees, when he spotted a glimmering stone in a hole. “There it is I must have that unusual stone for myself” the thing muttered. It slid down the dark branches and was just about to grab the stone as the shadow saw a creature. It hid itself. The mysterious creature picked the shining blue stone up “I got it” the creature cried. So he picked it up and popped it in his shiny white pouch. “I must have that stone for myself“ the shadow demanded .”I will follow that person home I will not leave until I find that precious stone” the thing announced .

He thought for a idea it took it a few seconds to think but the shadow got an idea “ I am going to introduce myself to him” the figure started. He ran along the forest path and caught up with the mystery figure “ hi my name is Brumborn and I am 13 years old” he said with a made up voice “
well my name is Zoclared and I am 12 years old” he replied. “are you ok” asked brumbleborn taking his time to think about what was wrong.”well I am just a little ccold “ wispered Brumbleborn thinking about the stone “come to my fun and magical house tree.” Zoclared told Brumbleborn while Brumbleborn was still thinking how he would get the stone “ok if you say so” claimed Brumbleborn with a smile on his crooked face “Let's go” directed Zoclared.

So they walked back to Zoclared house tree “so where is this house tree of yours” asked Brumbleborn “it’s just over here” wispered Zoclared
“WOW’’ gasped Brumbleborn. As Zoclared was opening the door to his house tree he said “do you like my house tree” Zoclared spoke
“yeah I love it, but I do have a question what is that shining blue stone in your pouch” wispered Brumbleborn Zoclared leaned forward and said “it’s the limited edition unknown moonstone”.

“May I hold it”said Brumbleborn with a vishesh smile “can I really trust you”asked Zoclared “YES” demented Brumbleborn
“I know! You can hide it, and tell me where you hid it, there you go” wispered Zoclared “ok” lied Brumbleborn. But what he did was hide the the stone in his pouch. That night Brumbleborn grabbed his pouch ran out the old wooden door and travelled to his home. “Finally”he shouted I have my main piece to my potion uttered Brumbleborn.

That morning when the beautiful sun came out Zoclared realised that his limited edition unknow moonstone was gone completely gone. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Zocalred cried.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!