The Garden Of Evil

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

“Oh no!” John exclaimed at me, “Mum told you not to touch her vase! And you broke it! Quick, hide on the other side of the fence.”
I stared at the tall fence that touched the clouds. It was decorated in unusual but unique plants. Cherry-red roses swirled around a massive sign that read, ‘Do Not Enter’. Huge flowers with petals of every colour from the rainbow sparkled in the sunlight. The entire fence was clogged with stunning flowers and plants.
Immediately, John pushed me through the long deep hole that led to the other side of the fence. At the bottom of the hole, I shockingly landed in a swamp. My legs quivered and I yelled frantically. My hands shook, while I worriedly surveyed the scene. I expected to notice frightening giants ripping off my head, but instead I saw a beautiful garden. Tall flowers, that had a wonderful scent, waved in the gentle breeze like a forest of colours.
The first thing that caught my attention was an unusual towering rose with a colour like the ripest apples. Nervously, I touched the stem of the distinctive rose. Instantly, the rose lowered down to me and strangled my stomach. The rose picked me up and strode towards other plants. I shrieked and fearfully swung my hands in the air. My heart was thunderously pounding, when the rose suddenly dropped me onto a pile of spiky vines. Every vine choked and suffocated my neck with all its mighty power.
I wailed, yelped and then gasped for breath. I begged for a plant to set me free. Unfortunately, they harassed me even more. A long golden piece of grass tightly wrapped my helpless ankle. I could barely move. A skinny lustrous floppy flower cuffed my hands firmly. Many harsh and strong plants started to strangle my whole body. I shouted in terror and I shook my body to get the horrible plants off me. The plants grasped me tighter every time when I yowled in fright. A glossy daffodil led me and the plants towards a dark creepy cave.
In the cave, I heard screechy mysterious murmurs coming from the distance. I took deep breaths, trying to stay brave. The daffodil presented me to the most giant and horrible bug I had ever seen. It lunged on to my head, got tangled in it and ferociously started sucking gollops of blood. I froze and dared not breathe. I tried to make a plan but my brain was getting mashed! I felt like no blood was circulating my body.
I closed my eyes dead shut, covering them with my shaky hands. A poisonous cactus with fresh blood oozing down abruptly darted to my pale stomach. I staggered onto a tree stump, my last breath escaping from my lips.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!