Danger Of Different

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

“How was I supposed to know your middle name was actually Danger?” I exclaimed laughing. “I don’t know?” he replied shrugging his shoulders. He ran a hand through his dark hair and laughed. “A pretty stupid middle name, huh?” “I don’t know, I’ve heard some pretty bad ones!” I snickered. He laughed, “Care to share?” The curiosity in his eyes was obvious and I couldn’t help but laugh again. “Maybe..” I chimed innocently. His head had now disappeared inside his locker but I could hear him chuckling lightly. I picked up my books and shut my locker but struggled with the lock. “Here let me help,” He reached across and locked it without any difficulty. I rolled my eyes playfully and punched him lightly on the arm. The bell rang and we both had to hurry to geography. I hurried down the hall my blonde hair streaming behind me.
I sat down heavily at the back of the classroom. As I was pulling my books out and maybe a sketch pad, Jackson walked by and brushed his hair out of his eyes, and for some reason the thought that went through my mind was, 'his eyes are just so blue.' And I swear he blushed. But obviously he couldn’t have. Mrs Becozza came in and everyone quickly settled down. You do NOT mess with Mrs Becozza because she is SCARY. She gave everyone a death stare that could have made a murderer back down. “Alright so open to page 125 and we will go through a few paragraphs together and then you will be expected to finish all the questions. Lisa how about you start us off.” It’s hard to find any teacher who has anything negative to say about Lisa. I opened my book and started doodling on the front page of my notepad. I drew Lisa with horns, if Mrs Becozza saw it, she would go crazy. That thought made me shudder so I ripped it up and shoved it in my bag. I turned back to the front and saw Jackson smirking at me, when he saw me looking, he quickly refocused. I decided to ignore it. I tried to focus on the maps of Europe, but somehow, I always ended up daydreaming again. ‘WHY EUROPE, WHY!!’ I yelled silently inside my head. Jackson turned and looks at me alarmed then he seems to realise something and tries to appear focused but I could tell he was struggling. I frowned, it wasn’t possible he heard me yelling, that was inside my head! But how come he had looked so alarmed like I had just yelled it out to the class. And then I had the strangest thought - ‘What if everyone can hear what I’m thinking? And I’m the weird one to them?’ Suddenly everyone turned towards me and stared with real fear in their eyes. They looked terrified, even Mrs Becozza. Everyone quickly turned back around, but that look would haunt me forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!