Dare To Glare

Flash! Click! Boom!

Paparazzi were outside my Aunt Kala's driveway. A cameraman shot a harmful glare at me.
"Pling!" The sounds burst my ears and gave me a headache. I collapsed to the floor and before I knew it I woke up in a large, white room with tall figures surrounding me. Two of them walked away before anyone could see them. I saw them though. Did I look around, was I in heaven? I don't remember. In the distance, I could hear a familiar voice but I just couldn't quite tell who.
"Get out of my way, move! My little child's in here!"
I slowly rose up from my rest. Kala was here. She treated me like her own son when my parents died. I felt alright when she asked everyone to leave and sign autographs later. Although I still felt like I wasn't her number one.

The next day, I was still a little drowsy as I didn't get much sleep from yesterday. Kala arrived at the entrance of the hospital. I immediately put my finger onto the back of my ear. Nothing's wrong with it now.
"Are you feeling better now?" Kala asked me softly, "What happened yesterday?"
"I don't remember." I glanced at her galaxy eyes and she pinned a playful but mysterious glance back.
"Pling!" I couldn't hear anything, Aunty's mouth was still moving but nothing came out. I covered my ears to stop the bleeding. This time, she just left me. Before I knew it, Paparazzi were outside and the same cameraman smirked and ran away. Kala removed some sort of wig and ran away with him.

Flash! Click! Boom! It was a trap and I fell right into it.

I woke up moments later and I saw something I'd never think I'd see again. Two tall figures came back and walked towards me. I could see more clearly now. They were my parents. Kala lied to me. I walked with them and fell right into another life trap. One I never want to leave again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!