Emily And Mary Help The Farmers

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Once upon a time, two little girls lived in the olden days in Gold Rush Country. They loved to ride their horses to go on adventures and explore their area. Their names were Emily and Mary. They also had a pet goat called Frank, he loved to go with them everywhere around Gold Rush Country. They also had a pet sausage dog called Harry.
One night there was a very, very big storm. Frank and Harry hid under the kitchen table as a big bolt of lightning crashed into their backyard! Emily and Mary knew this could mean finding gold in the morning. The next day, the girls plus Frank and Harry ran outside and saw a huge hole where the lightning hit. They ran over to it and all looked inside. They saw a great big gold nugget the size of their house! Beside it were lots of secret tunnels. The girls wondered if one of them might take them all the way to their grandparents who lived in New Zealand.
Their parents were very poor living on a farm that had no rain for a very long, long time. They knew this was called a drought. The drought had made all the farmers in the country poor and it was hard for them all to feed their farm animals or to grow their food.
Emily and Mary jumped down into the big hole. Tunnels went in every direction. Frank ran off down one of the tunnels. The girls thought he must have been trying to find his way to New Zealand to visit their grandparents. The girls called him back. There was no time to explore right now. They grabbed their parent’s truck. All four of them worked as a team to dig the giant nugget out of the ground and onto the truck. Because they lived on a farm, they knew how to drive their parent’s truck.
They drove it into town and sold the nugget to the bank. He gave the girls one million dollars. The girls smiled at each other and knew what to do. They spent the next year delivering money to all the farmers in the country so the families could eat and so could all their farm animals. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!