War

Chapter 1
I remember when I shot someone with my rifle. It changed my life forever. Then two days later my best friend Nathaniel got shot by a plane. One day after he died and the trench got bombed. I survived and so did three more soldiers, but the rest weren’t so lucky. We went west and found a trench with men in it. We sniped six men but two troops were shot and didn’t make it.

One month later a grenade hit the trench and I ran for my life. I scratched my leg and bruised my arm because of the impact of the explosion. Life at war was hard and all I had was a gun, no AMO and a pocket knife. It was getting dark, I needed shelter or a bunker to hide in for the night.

Chapter 2
I was walking around and then smoke started to form around me. Then a troop ran by me and yelled, “RUN!”
I asked, “Do you know were shelter is?”
He ignored me. I heard a vehicle coming and it was a....tank! I ran and passed the troop I saw before. I dropped onto the ground and slid into a trench. The troop belly flopped into the trench after me and we both ran through the trench. When we were running, I got some AMO off the ground. When I was getting ready to go back to the trench I saw the man that was running with me when the tank was coming. I waked over to him and said, “What’s your name?”
“Lucas,” he said.
I replied, “Samuel.”

Chapter 3
While we were in the trench, I sniped two men and Lucas sniped one. Suddenly the commander yelled “GO!!!”
We all ran out of the trench. Two men were instantly shot and three were shot by planes. I saw a troop aiming at Lucas so I knocked him to the ground. The bullet missed. Then a troop aimed his gun at me. It was Lucas! I said, “What are you doing?”
Lucas said, “The army have treated me like dirt and- gah!”
Lucas dropped to the ground because an enemy shot him. I ran back to the trench crying

Chapter 4
The commander yelled me, “Why did you run back to the trench?”
I ignored him but then he got mad and abruptly punched me. I fell onto the ground of the trench. I opened my eyes, they were filled with mud. I got off the ground to see were I was but.. I didn’t know. I looked around and saw I was in an empty trench. I looked out of the trench but I didn’t see anybody. I saw a rifle on the ground and loaded it with AMO. The next day I found a trench with people in it. I looked into the distance and saw a body on the floor. It was Lucas’s body. Suddenly I saw his arm move, that meant that he was… alive! I ran onto the field and grabbed Lucas’s body. I started dragging him back to the trench but then I saw a man aiming his gun at me. I closed my eyes but when I opened them It was still black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!