Bad Luck Today

Bad Luck Today...

The wind raced off Tim as he ran out the door. Tim was going to be late for the bus so he had to hurry up before it left. He was so untidy that his shoelaces were untied, his hair was all scruffy and his socks were miss matched. With his untied shoes slipping off constantly it made him extremely slow fixing them every time. He was so slow that he was ten minutes late for the bus. This meant that he had to ride his old and rusted bike. He ran back down to his and grabbed his bike. The old rust bucket had a flat tire but that didn’t stop tim. The bike chain was very old and made a very annoying scratching noise. With the bike old and rusted it made the ride to school slow. He gradually made progress but slowly. Tim finally made it to the gate but the gate was locked. Tim had realised that it was saturday morning. Tim didn't want to ride all the way home so he left the bike and took a shortcut through the forest that all his friends had been talking about. It was around the side of the school. The shortcut looked dark and gloomy which made Tim hesitate. He took a deep breath and crept into the empty and quiet forest. Everytime he heard a noise that spooked him he crept faster and faster. Tim had been creeping for about 5 minutes and now he had forgotten which way he had come from. Now Tim was really starting to freak out. His hands were shaking like a vibrating machine you would find at the gym. Before it was saturday morning now it's saturday afternoon. This was taking too long, he had to speed up. He started to run a bit faster but still was quite slow. Eventually he made it out of the dark forest but Tim did not know where he was. He came out at a street. There street looked abandoned and empty like no one had been here in years. Tim exhaustedly walked up the street. He came to a road that went two ways. It went right and left. Tim had to decide which way he had to go. Tim was left handed so he wanted to go left, but he wanted to have a change for once. So Tim decided to go right. The road led to a highway that looked quite familiar. The highway was the highway that led to his house. He ventured down to his house. He walked up the front steps and into the house. He entered his room and jumped on his bed. Tim’s mum came rushing into his room wondering where he was.
Tim started to tell his story and it went on and on. His mum understood and she went.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!