Rocket Ship

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

We’re going on a trip in our favourite rocket ship
I knew this was my chance to make a difference. To set an example. Without hesitation I stood up and walked down the aisle, people occasionally throwing me worried and confused glances. Even though I knew that the clothes I was wearing were questionable and probably not the best place to wear them, I believed it represented the great power I was born to have. Surprisingly, no-one stopped me as I opened the door. I thought at least one person would have stopped me in my steps to success but I guess everyone could tell how important I was. As soon as I opened the door, I was met with a control panel which was being used by the two pilots.

Zooming through the sky, little Einsteins
Before one of them could say anything, I punched both of them unconscious and dragged them to the door and locked it. I sat in one of the seats and stared at the million buttons facing me, each one having a different purpose. Although I knew it was too late to start doubting myself, I nervously checked that the door was locked and the pilots were still unconscious. Trying to calm myself, I went over the plan I had created and started to get to work.

Climb aboard, get ready to explore
This was what I was born to be. A man of great power and potential, able to influence the world. Not someone who was mistaken as a mental asylum patient. No. I was born to do great things. From the way I was flying the air plane, I knew the stewardess and passengers would be unsure of what was happening but I had to keep going. Soon enough, there was a knock on the door but I ignored it and kept concentrating on the plane. Before I knew it, I thrust the nose wheel downwards, making the plane unforgivably plummet, giving me a rush of adrenaline. In the background, I could hear the screams and the yells of the passengers but I had to be focused. This was it. This was the end. As we flew down, I closed my eyes.

There’s so much to find, little Einsteins
I could see the headlines of tomorrow morning’s news - “Mental asylum patient hijacks and crashes plane, killing himself and a hundred other passengers”. Goodbye world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!