Galactic Drifter

Blurb: An Intergalactic traveller, Stars, Planets, and Supernovas is all you need. You will see them all, travel to them all on a ship, explore them all during a long, long trip. Along the trip, he will recruit a companion. They will go to the highest mountain, and to the depths of the deepest sea, He won’t need a map to lead him.
Ch 1. Amongst the stars
Space… A dimension beaming with life and large rocks (Preferably called planets by most species), many which are unexplored. Out from the dust, a man promises himself to explore them all, Dangerous, Life-threatening, Harmless, Colourful and Beautiful. The Man's name is Kajo Drifter, most people know him better as The Galactic Drifter. He is responsible for the most extraordinary finds and inventions across the worlds. This is his story. In another place, a young man seeks a teacher, that man's name is Wrights, Greyson Wrights. He is young, adventurous and foolish as most people his age. His goal is to touch the stars, study the universe, watch time fly whilst Kajo and Greyson explore the dimensions of space and time. “All people boarding space warper 707, please do so now, Space Warper 707 will depart Space Station Gate 22 in 8 minutes,” echoes a voice on a surrounding speaker. Kajo is walking around as he sees the boarding times, he doesn’t remember what Warper he was boarding. He stumbles about for a while, thinking. “Ah, that's right Warper 707,” he thinks to himself. He requires a pen to write it down so he doesn’t forget “Again?” Kajo mumbles to himself. He runs up to the long line of people currently boarding warper 707. BUMP. “Oh, I’m sorry,” Kajo pleads to the person he knocked over. “It’s fine,” says the person. Kajo continues walking through the line with people yelling at him for cutting in. The person stares while Kajo walks away. “What is a bum like him boarding a ship like this?” he thinks. Kajo swings back around on his left leg and hurries back to the person. “Would you happen to have a pen?” he asks. “Oh um, yeah, Here,” the person says as he hands an awkward looking pen to Kajo. Kajo notices the pen has some writing on it, which reads to say ‘#2 Celestial Glider’. This means the pen was a gift from competing and finishing second in a star race, which in fact, can reach over 800 kilometres an hour, for all you humans reading. Kajo continues with the pen and writes down his boarding times on his left hand. He then realises he is already in the line for Warper 707 and that it is boarding right now. Kajo walks away, handing back the pen to the person, and finds a spot in line.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!