Dark Days

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Dark Days

Chapter 1: The eve of war.

In England there is a kingdom unlike any other located on a high mountain. Now this kingdom was called Metrellion and they were on the eve of war. In the city the people were going about their daily lives when suddenly a great tragedy occurred.

Chapter 2: The new king.

The people of Metrellion gathered quickly in the city square where it was announced
“The great king George… is dead!”
The subjects’ gasped “ohhh!”
The herald continues anxiously “no need to worry we have chosen a new king. King Alfred!”
Then King Alfred stepped forward. Now he was a tall thin fellow with a long sleek black coat and short black hair.
Alfred said calmly “I understand war” he said while pacing up and down the stage “I also know how to win it. It requires good slaves, a reasonable donation and a great deal of casualties! Go home and get your rest tomorrow you’ll need it.”
At that everyone went home worried about whether they would become the slaves, the donators or even worse… casualties!
Chapter 3: The war begins.
The next day at the city square every subject of Metrellion was assigned a new job. Soldiers, Donators, Slaves or to keep their own lives. After that the new King Alfred announced “the war begins, so get to work”, he yelled. Everyone was sent to work, battles began and one day a little boy who worked as a messenger thought about how wrong this is. He thought how Metrellion used to be a beautiful, peaceful and kind place. So this little boy set out to fix this, and right the wrongs.

Chapter 4: A Resistance Begins!

So as this little 11 year old named Thomas Beevle realised the great darkness around him so he went to his grandfathers and asked if he would be able to use his library and researched how this great war and the death the previous king George then began to put the pieces of this massive puzzle together. He found out that king Alfred was the next in line for the throne but because of this massive war everyone was distracted from the truth that is that King Alfred murdered King George in cold blood! Right at that very moment King Alfred Busted in and said “Ah so you’ve figured it out. Well I suppose it’s about time but I thought someone else would have figured it out.”
The king unsheathed his sword” I’ve been hoping this would happen”
The grandpa who was an old man with pale white whiskers unsheathed his own sword and replied
“You won’t get away with this Alfred!”
then he turned to Thomas” run Thomas run!” he warned.
At that Thomas ran as fast as he could out the front door through the city gate to a horse gathered his friends and fled. Meanwhile his grandpa charged his sword at the king and the king sidestepped and slash the grandpa’s rib.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!