A Balloon’s Day At The Fair

It is a bright and sunny day at Melbourne Central fair. I can feel my elastic skin expand. Someone is inflating me. Suddenly I can see the tops of people all sizes ranging from small to large. I close my eyes as I am tired from the trip which took me to where I am now. I feel elated that I am swaying in the sun instead of being lifeless in the back of a cold, dark van.

I hear footsteps that are light and dainty. One moment I was revisiting my uneventful past. The next moment I am being traded for a stack of silver coins. I peer down at my owner who has short black hair and a meanacing face. All of a sudden, I feel a breeze of cold air rush through me. I hear a pin drop. This is the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!