War Mind

I can’t decide what all this was about” Run!” a strange man yelled. He pulled me to the side of a building and was screaming in my face. My ear was blocked I could not hear him he pointed in a direction that was clear of war this was my safe option but being the stubborn argumentative type kid I ran in the other direction stood on a big rock and said in a historic voice. “What are you doing!” yelled that strange man again; interrupting me in the process I could finally hear him again when… “WHAT IS ALL THIS FIGHTING FOR?” I yelled to the top of my lungs making me breath in a lot of smoke.
No one stopped, no one answered, I was just curved. No one cared. I stood there for a while watching everyone I knew just get killed for no reason. I was so angry that I ran in the direction that the man told me to go in as I ran I remembered how my mum and dad died. My mum died protecting me when a German soldier came running with a gun to my face and dad was a British spy and he got killed telling the British false message. I was the only one that knew he was a spy. I start to cry hysterically as I run to the beach. I wasn’t touched or seen by a solider, I was invisible. I couldn’t be killed and I could not be touched. I saw peace with sun waves with harmony, like nothing could be worse than war. As I look down I saw a starfish when I was interrupted by an announcement being made by the Germans. They were asking the British men to surrender after. Many central whippings and a man tried to attack a German soldier.
I was so sorrowful. I couldn’t just ask for happiness is that just too hard to ask? I started to run for minutes I relied that I was running very loudly. When all of a sudden,
“Stop right there!” a man said from behind.
I turn around astonished to see British soldiers following me behind. They take my arm and start to run. I hear two gunshots and find to hear a rumour that the general had been shot and they were going to shot this young man in the head for protecting his wife. This all too much for a child like me. They were pulling me towards a moving train on tracks. This was just over the line I am not jumping…
Moreover, there I was on a train with a bunch of strangers to a place of safety.
I find myself standing in a field of grass and corncobs. The workers seem happy and the building seems untouched. War was for miles away. I walk down to an elder woman and ask, “Where are we?”
“Where in Crimba!”
Now we are finally safe or are we?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!