A Miracle At Sea

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

A MIRACLE AT SEA

"Alright!" exclaimed Alyssa at Jack and Brenda. "Keep packing or we will be late!"
"Ok!" vociferated Jack. Jack could feel the excitement. He was going to board the biggest and most majestic ship in the whole entire world!Jack could feel the excitement. He really could not believe it. "Thank you God." He whispered. Suddenly his little sister Brenda stomped into the room. WHERE ARE MY UNDERPANTS!" she yelled. Jack didn't do anything but laugh. He went back to think about his trip. A trip of lifetime. " Jack, can you please go find your sister's underwear?'' "Fine" Jack yelled but he still couldn't believe that he was going to the United States on the biggest ship in the whole world.

Jack and Brenda ran down to the car and immediately climbed in the back seat followed by dad and mum. They drove to Southampton in England. After a few tedious security checks Jack boarded the ship. He was so excited. He heard that a mummy was in its coffin where the cargo was stored. He realised he was in first class. Jack also met with the Titanic's ship engineer Thomas. He was a very interesting man. Jack and Thomas talked for ages on the first day. He can talk for three days about this ship and Jack would not lose his concentration once.

It was the 15th of April. The whole family were having dinner with his amazing friends that he had made, William and Felix. They were both from Germany, looking for new lives to settle in. Jack told him that he was just going have an extremely joyful holiday. Suddenly Jack heard a bell ring. There was an announcement to emergency assembly are. "oh no" shouted Jack. He could see the colossal chunks of ice on the deck. Then a strike of fear went to his mind. "We have to board a lifeboat. Mum , Brenda and Jack went but not dad." No !"begged Jack but Dad did not do anything. More chances need to leave for children and women. Jack loved his dad. They always did everything together. A few minutes later, their lifeboat was lowered to the sea. He was not ready to see the most luxurious cruise to end up in the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.
The next thing he realised that he was in a lifeboat with Alyssa and Brenda who were crying hysterically. he started helping the crew out the survivors. jack pulled out a man who wore a black coat and was suffering from hypothermia. Then he had the best surprise."Dad!" he exclaimed in contentment. Dad did not reply. Jack felt his pulse and he felt one. "Mum, Brenda, dad is alive!". He was so happy that he started to burst into tears. Happy tears.

A bright light appeared from far away. Jack wondered what it was. Suddenly he burst out more tears. "Dad, mum, Brenda, a ship has come to rescue us!" He was delighted. The ship came closer and closer. They saw the ship's name Carpathia. Everybody climbed up the ladder. Dad, Brenda, mum and then Jack. "This is the most luckiest thing that has ever happened to me," said Brenda. The next morning the Carpathia docked at New York City. He saw Thomas getting interviewed with curious people trying to figure out what had happened. They settle in New York and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!