Wanted!

“Thumpety Thump!” I could hear my heart pounding. I could hear the loud sirens of police cars and the screeching tires. I couldn’t be caught not now. Police just around the corner from the bridge. I had to do it I jumped. I woke up panting from my nightmare “Hu Hu Hu Hu.”
Mum came running in the room “Jake are you ok did you have another nightmare what happened?”
“Mum I’m ok.”I said
“But what happened?”
“Never mind” I sighed.
“Ring Ring”
“ Jake have you heard about this in Frances Louvre Museum they’ve got a rare gem stone called the pink panther apparently its worth £7.9 million.”
“Your joking Lennard I’ll see you at your house.” I ran down the stairs
“Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang” nearly slipping
“Mum can I go to Lennard’s house.”
“Ok but you know the rules back by 7:00.”
“Bye mum.”
“Goodbye darling.”
“Knock, Knock” Jake raced to Lennard’s room like a rocket and nearly knocked over the Sunday roast.
“Now, Lennard this is big money we have to go after it man its £7.9 million we have to tell the others. Tell them to pack their bags we’re going to Paris!”
“Can’t wait in till I’ve got my hands on the gem.”
“Yeah ready to be rich!”

“Hey Tyson are you excited?”
“All ready man.”
“Ralf I’ve never seen you looking so excited in my life.”
“I want that gem.”

“Merci Merci” we said as we got the key from the counter. “Wow! Look at the place.” said Tyson “Better get dressed for dinner” I said. Walked into the huge room in our best clothes it was fabulous. Everybody was so posh and it was all you could eat. The food was delicious. “So at 11:30pm we’ll go to the museum Lennard left, Tyson right, Ralf back and me front.
...
“Tick, Tick” Ralf was checking no one was coming in.
“All good” whispered Lennard
“Yep” quietly said Ralf. Tyson and Lennard ran along the side. Then I ducked and dodged the black security cameras. I reached for the pink panther with my sweaty hands. “Got It! I’ve got the pink panther” I said in disbelieve
“Now let’s get out…” sighed Lennard
“WARNING INTRUDERS” bellowed the system. Suddenly Ralf yelled
“Run everybody!” I could hear my footsteps.
“Thump Thump.” The police cars coming at top speed. Then Tyson shouted
“Jump!” This was like a real life nightmare. We jumped we had to.
“Splash!” I paddled to the edge with everybody and we caught our breath. “At least we’ve got our pink panther” Ralf sighed.
...
Sitting in our £3.1 million home with lemonade watching the burning red sunset. That was the life all relaxed with nothing left to do. Just quietly chanting to myself over and over “That’s how to steal a fortune.”




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!