Harry's Revenge

Harry gave Ron and Hermione one last goodbye and turned around to Dudley, giving him a cheeky grin and thinking about all the fun he was going to have with him this summer. The car trip home from the train station was awkward and very quiet. Harry didn’t mind. He was remembering the amazing times he had had at Hogwarts with his new, wonderful friends, which distracted him from the thought of returning ‘home.’

Once they got home to Privet Drive, Uncle Vernon helped Harry take his belongings up to his room, which Harry thought was very thoughtful of him.

“Don’t be expecting much more from me kid. You’ve shown you can live without us, so we won’t be having much to do with each other until summer is over. Alright?” Vernon said with displeasure.

“Yes Uncle Vernon,” Harry replied stiffly.

For dinner they had overcooked pork and soggy vegetables. Harry was excluded from the Dursleys conversations, which were completely pointless, so he didn’t mind.

“Now do the dishes, you lazy boy,” hissed Uncle Vernon.

“I’m not doing the dishes. I always do them. In fact, I think it’s Dudley’s turn to do them,” Harry replied.

“But I hate doing the dishes,” Dudley moaned.

“If you don’t do them I’ll turn you into a pig like Hagrid did,” Harry snapped.

Later, Harry asked if he could go to Ron’s place for a while during the holidays.

“No! You need to help here with the chores. Poor little Dudley can’t do them all,” said Vernon angrily.

“Yes, poor little Ickle Dudleykins, he won’t cope,” replied Petunia with warmth.

“If you don’t let me go I will turn you all into mice!” Harry shouted back.

“Now let’s not make a big fuss of this please, Harry,” quivered Petunia.

“I’m leaving tomorrow whether you like it or not,” said Harry angrily.

He stormed up the stairs and wrote to Ron, asking him if he could spend the summer with him. He gave the letter to Hedwig and started to pack. Harry thought of all the wonderful times he would have at Ron’s house. The next morning, Harry left with his things without even saying goodbye to his ‘family’ to catch the wizard bus to Ron’s place.

“Hello Harry, great to see you here,” said Molly excitedly.

“So glad you could come! How’d you survive living with those muggle relatives of yours?” asked Ron.

“I was only there for a day but let’s just say I was happy to get out of there,” Harry responded. Harry and Ron took his belongings upstairs and settled in.

“Sorry it’s a bit messy, I didn’t really have time to clean,” Ron said abashedly.

Harry didn’t care. He was taken aback at the picture of Ron’s family on the wall who were smiling and waving at him, the broom cleaning his room by itself and the clock monitoring the family’s whereabouts.

“It’s brilliant,” said Harry admirably.

“What is?” asked Ron.

“Everything. Can I stay forever?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!