The Mystery Of The Missing Lion Cub

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Blurb
Emily and Rosie are best friends and they love a good mystery but can they find Lily the missing lion cub?
Silently the cage door of the hippopotamus’s enclosure creaks open. The zoo-keeper is feeding them.
The hippo’s cage is next to the tiger’s and there are two best friends that share a very big secret!
Rosie (the tiger) and Emily (the hippo) sneak out at night thanks to a loose brick and solve the mysteries of the zoo.
As soon as darkness fell and their parents are asleep, Emily whispers “Come on Rosie, let’s solve tonight’s mystery.”
Emily pushed and heaved at the brick and it (finally) wobbled and fell.
“Let’s go Emily!” exclaimed Rosie, when they got to the other side.
“This mission is the mystery of the missing lion cub,” said Emily. “Thanks,” replied Rosie.
“So, are we going to the lion enclosure?” questioned Emily. “Yup,” answered Rosie. So they head in that direction.
When they get there, they see a very miserable mother and father lion. “Please help us, we can’t find our little one,” the father pleaded. “We will try,” said Rosie.
In no time at all they got to the otters’, elephants’ and meerkats’ enclosures, but still no sign of Lily (the cub).
“What in the world are we going to do?” sighed Rosie. “Well, we can check the staff building?” suggested Emily.
“But we don’t have the key,” grumbled Rosie. “We can try,” insisted Emily. “I guess,” sighed Rosie, knowing she might regret it.
It turns out the massive concrete building is heavier that it looks. Emily pushed and tugged at the door for two hours and it only opened a little bit!
Eventually (after ten hours) they were in the prison like building and you will never believe what they saw…
A cage with Lily in it. “OMG!” cried Rosie, running to pick the lock with her claws.
Now all they have to do is return Lily to her mum and dad before they really start worrying. “Thanks,” said Lily. “No problem,” smiled Rosie. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!