The Rock

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Bang! Crash! Boom! Rianna turned around to see a big wide hole. She began to slowly walk over to it, only knowing that it had fallen from the sky. She looked down to see a rock as big as a car, something that would send people running, but not Rianna. She was the bravest child in the whole town.
Rianna jumped, sliding down the unsafe ground till she reached the bottom. She stared at the bright light, like a tv screen children stare at all day. She ran her hand along the smooth and bumpy rock till she reached the brightest part, the part that a moth would be scared of. Her eyes turned from the light to another part of the weird rock.
There was a small hole in it. Rianna slipped her finger into it, it was warm and smooth. She slipped it back out, and looking at it and saw it was as bright as the sun. She tried to wipe it off but it just spread like honey. Soon she was glowing everywhere. She quickly ran down to the river.
Splash! She jumped in and immediately began rubbing her skin.
It was working, all the brightness on her clothes and skin was coming off and getting wash away. She jumped out of the water, soaking wet. She walked back to the rock and stared at it for a couple more minutes before she heard her mother Judy call out to her. Rianna jogged up to the house and went into the kitchen.
The next morning, Rianna woke up as normally but as she was looking in the mirror, she realised her hair was totally different, it was green and was everywhere, she had to brush it if she wanted to stand a chance surviving at school. Suddenly the mirror broke and her brush was floating in mid air in front of her face.
Rianna ran outside to where the big rock, but all that was left was the light that she had to wash off. She grabbed a piece of the mirror that broke and picked up a tiny bit of the light and quickly rode to school and into the science class. Everyone was staring at her and her hair but she just ignored it.
“Tess, run a sample of this light!” said Rianna.
Tess was confused but did what she said. Rianna and all the kids in the class watched in amazement as Tess put the light under the microscope.
“Ahh!” shouted Tess. She had discovered it. It was from the sun. Somehow a bit of the gas on the sun made it onto a meteorite and made its way to Earth.
“Now can you make an antidote!” screamed Rianna. Tess put a drop of water in and gave it to Rianna, she drank it up fast. Suddenly her hair turned back to normal, it had worked, she gave Tess a hug and ran back home knowing she was now normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!