The Magic Bread

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Once upon a time there lived two brothers. Their names were James and Jack. James wore his favourite green shoes and Jack wore a his best cap. The boys were playing in their garden with a soccer ball. That day, their mother ran out of bread. The next morning the boys and their mother made some bread. When they were leaving the bread to cool down a magic fairy in a white playsuit came in and sprinkled magic fairy dust on the bread. The fairy flew off just as Mother called the boys for lunch. After eating a big bowl of soup and a slice of bread and butter the boys felt sleepy and went to chill out in the hammock in the garden. They lay down, shut their eyes and soon feel asleep. It was a lovely warm afternoon when they had went outside and after a while a sudden cold wind woke the boys up. Jack and James opened their eyes and saw that they had appeared in a very unusual place. The sky was green and the ground was pink. Far in the distance they saw a sign that said ‘The Land of Pirates.’ They decided to go there but on the way they had to stop and work out what way to go because there was a big mountain in front of them. They had to go over it and it was quite hard for them, the mountain was very high. But they soon got over it. When they climbed down it the boys stood in front of the big sign that said ‘The Land of Pirates’. Not far from the sign there was a sandy beach. A pirate with his crew were playing with a soccer ball. Most of the pirates were wearing a bandana and a eye-patch and the captain was wearing a pirate hat. The sky soon became dark and frightening. A dark grey cloud rose above them and it started to rain. Luckily James had a mini umbrella that could turn into a big one and Jack had a silver torch so they walked down the little path to the beach. When they got to the beach the Captain said ‘Argh hello! Do you what to play a game of soccer with us?”. Just as the boys were about to say yes one of the pirates noticed the magic bread in Jacks pocket. The pirates hadn’t eaten for two days so they decided to try and steal it. They didn’t get a chance, Jack and James shouted “RUN!” to each other and they ran as fast as they could back up the path. Jack went first to shine the touch so they could see where they were going. Suddenly the sky became green again and it started raining glitter. James and Jack looked back and the pirates were nowhere to be seen. They boys looked at each other and moments later they found that they were back in their garden. A little confused, they agreed that it had been a strange morning indeed.
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!