Dance Like There's Nobody Watching!

My name is Willow and I am eight years old. I love to dance and I dance a lot in my mirror and practise at home. But the only problem is I get stage fright.

One day I was in my room at my desk and I heard a knock on my door, it was my Mum and she gave me a note and the note said “Dear Willow, you have been invited to dance at the Allstar Dance Academy in Sydney”. I was shocked.

That day when I got to the Academy I slumped my shoulders as I walked slowly into my class after kissing my mum goodbye.
When we were showing off our moves when it came to my turn I froze because I was scared. I had never danced in front of people before except my mum, dad and my super annoying brother Jed.

After class my dance teacher Miss Bella approached me and she said “What is the matter?” I was silent for a moment and I felt like I needed to tell her, so I did. “I get really bad stage fright and I can’t dance in front of people”. “Well I can help with that” Miss Bella said. Miss Bella suggested that when I dance I should pretend I am in a room by myself and try and block the crowd out. I began to feel so much better and decided to dance like nobody’s watching. Thanks to Miss Bella I went home feeling happy.

Over the next few weeks I practised and practised with my new dance friends who were really supportive of me. The concert wasn’t far away now but I was feeling good and ready to shine.

Finally, it was the night of the big concert. Everyone was dressed up in makeup and costumes. I could hear the audience coming in to find their seats. I peeked around the curtains and there were 1 million people seated, well maybe not 1 million but lots so I suddenly started to feel really sick! I felt like I definitely could not do it but then I thought to myself “Wait, I can do this all I have to do is dance like there’s nobody watching!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!