Yoshi The Dog Goes On An Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition



In a magical world where no one has been before except for dogs life was perfect. There were all different types of dogs like Greyhounds, bulldogs and Border collies. But the most nice and loveliest type of dog was a black Labrador. The queen called Schwarz (German for black) was a black Labrador who everybody adored and respected . Queen Schwarz was pregnant and she was about to have 10 new puppies she was very excited. On may the 17 all her puppies were born all 10 of them. But the youngest one Yoshi couldn’t do as much as her older brothers and sisters could do. But worst of all Queen Schwarz wouldn’t let Yoshi go outside for a long time. Queen Schwarz wouldn’t let Yoshi go outside for a long time. Yoshi was always lonely and never had anydoggy to play with. She always just had to sit around and do nothing.

So one day she escaped into the wild there were there were lots of different animals, she was sometimes scared and wanted a friend but she got over her fears. Meanwhile back at the castle it was a disaster. The queen was sad and cried all day long, everybody was searching for Yoshi but they couldn’t get close to her. In the jungle it was going great for Yoshi. She was having fun meeting new friends like Hootaboo the Owl, Howler Monkey, Jumpy Rabbit and 123 Chimpanzee. Eventually however Yoshi got lost so she called her friends and asked them the way she had come. They told Yoshi that she had come through paths, in and out of trees up from the valley and everywhere. It took days and weeks but finally she got back into the suburb. Still Yoshi had a long way to go but she knew her way around the suburb. Finally one day she found a long path that looked very familiar, she remembered all the sandstone and tiny pebbles that were on that path. Then suddenly she heard voices, she looked up and saw the castle. Yoshi was delighted. She ran straight back into the castle up the stairs and entered her mums room there she saw her mum crying and she looked really upset. Suddenly her mum looked up and saw Yoshi, she stopped crying and ran up to her. She was so happy to see her. Queen Schwarz jumped with excitement and said never leave me again, I missed you too much. She cried for joy.

They sat and they chatted, Queen Schwarz spoke about the castle and how she was so worried. Then Yoshi told her mum about all the fun she had meeting all her friends. Hootaboo the Owl, Howler Monkey, Jumpy Rabbit and 123 Chimpanzee. Yoshi told her mum how she got lost and how her friends helped her through the wild. Now Yoshi is allowed to go outside and do what her older brothers and sisters can do.





,

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!