The Cow That Laid An Egg

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

One sunny day, all the cows were doing tricks except for the only girl cow, her name was BOOBOO, because she was being milked. The cows were in a green grassy field and were doing tricks like handstands, cartwheels, sports and other stuff that kids like to do. BOOBOO saw them and felt sad.
The chickens saw BOOBOO and made a plan. They would make an egg with a robotic cow inside it. They went to the shed and found some metal, two balls that looked like cow eyes and eight small batteries. They went back to the chicken pen and found an empty eggshell. They built the robotic cow using the things they found in the shed. The chickens were very clever because they made the robotic cow look like a cow and talk like a cow. They called the robotic cow MOOMOO and MOOMOO was a boy. After that, the chickens put MOOMOO inside the empty eggshell very carefully.
Three hours later…that night, the chickens snuck out of their pen and went to the barn where all of the cows were sleeping. They found BOOBOO on the top bed of a bunk bed. She was snoring loudly. Two chickens worked together, one climbed up the ladder while the other threw the egg up. The first chicken slid the egg under the sleeping BOOBOO. The chickens then snuck back to their pen at midnight.
That night it was very uncomfortable for BOOBOO to sleep because there was an egg under her bottom. MOOMOO started to fidget as he wanted to hatch, but he had to stay still until the morning. It was dark inside the eggshell and after 10 minutes MOOMOO went to sleep because he was tired after all the fidgeting.
The next day at midday, the egg hatched and MOOMOO came out. BOOBOO was astonished because NONE of the boy cows had ever laid an egg before. She thought it was AMAAAAAAZING! She looked at MOOMOO and MOOMOO said, “Moo” very quietly because it was his first time talking.
BOOBOO went outside into the green grassy field to find the boy cows. When she found them, she said, “Knock, knock.” The boy cows said, “Who’s there?” The girl cow said “I.” The boy cows said, “I who?” and the girl cow said, “I LAID AN EGG!” The boy cows were immediately jealous after the true joke.
From that day on, the boy cows took turns getting milked because BOOBOO had to look after her baby MOOMOO. BOOBOO was happy because she had laid an egg and that was the best trick of all (thanks to the chickens!).

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!