The Devil

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

THE DEVIL

On blood soaked legs, the Devil comes, softly through the shadows of the crisp evening suns, stealing past windows of the peaceful and innocent victims, shivering in bed, searching out fear and hatred, in the gathering gloom for his victims. Devouring his victim with no sign of mercy, no one was safe at all, no one. Quick as lightning, this daunting beast comes. With his size not the only thing which had sent chills and fright down his victim’s spine, but his body and his size.
As big as your front door, this beast will come after you, humongous and traitorous. From head to toe he had been dripping blood, his eyes were immense with no mercy, no colour. His teeth brought trepidation upon his victims; his teeth were sharper than any other katana in the world and more savage looking teeth than any animal on Earth. Licking his lips, his mouth and lips craved and desired for blood. Nothing could stand in his way; no pesky human could face this blood-curdling monster.
Death was the only intention this wild beast had in mind; death was the only thing it had brought. Violence was the only thing it had brought. There was no such thing as mercy when face to face with this beast; anyone who had been met by this beast had reached the tail-end of their life. Nothing could save you; death was the only thing that stands in your path and what stands in between you and him.
Locking your doors, locking your windows, locking every room in the house, setting up traps, hiding down in a secret bunker or hiding in the oddest places in your home, won’t help you escape from this wild beast, nothing will protect or help you. Sent from hell, was where he was from, to tell you in a way that your life had to be ended. But only in the mighty GOD’S hands was any human be able to survive from the daunting beast, but if one were to survive their life would have a scar of fear that would be permanent and would haunt them for the rest of their lives. When the Devil wants you, he has you, he will get you.
Quietly the Devil comes, without any notice, but quickly. His shadows can’t be seen, there’s no sign of him. He’s gone you think but no, surprise, surprise the Devil is having you for dinner tonight, and there is no escape. The harder you try escaping the more painful your death will be. But both ways you shall be devoured in the most horrendous and the most blood-curdling and violent way you could possibly think of.
Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, there’s a movement from the corner of the room, and then there is nothing I can do when I realise with fright and terror that the Devil is having me for dinner tonight!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!