Keep On Wheeling

I get pushed all the time. My brother was taken away from me when I was four. My dad took him. I miss jack.my names Alice I’m ten and I live with my mum. I used to have a brother jack but I don’t see him anymore.
People see me as an ugly freak, I try to ignore them but sometimes I agree. They laugh and kick. The teachers never see it; I have never told anyone. Sometimes I wish I had a friend, I used to but he passed away from cancer. My dad hated my mum, they always fought when they were together. So one day my dad ran away with jack.
I don’t understand, I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I don’t know how I’m bad. But I know I just am. I realized that after a month I was starting to get weaker, my legs were getting sore. One night when I got home I fell. I tried to get back up but my legs were dead!
I went to the doctor he said that there is nothing he can do. I would never walk again. I tied to be strong, but I felt like I didn’t need to exist.
People teased me more than ever. I moved on to high school, they were the worst days of my life. I hated my life and so did everybody else. My mum suffered from depression I hated seeing her in pain, but I knew it was because of me. I am in a wheelchair now I wheel everywhere I go, that’s how I have to live, that’s when I saw him.
Jack! Running closer to me. I gained strength, I wheeled up to him and hugged him hard. I knew that when I saw him there was going to be a big change. He told me that dad let him go and now he would live with me.
Then I realized that it didn’t matter about bully’s, doctors or negative self-talk. It didn’t matter that I’m in a wheelchair. I wasn’t thinking about all the things that really really mattered, I was just thinking about ways to make me feel bad. I wasn’t caring about my mum or trying to help jack, I was slowly breaking my family apart.
I looked over at mum who was crying and hugging jack, I looked down at my two wheels. I stared down trying not to feel guilty. When suddenly the wheels started moving. I looked behind me and saw a familiar face. Dad! He looked at me and went in for a hug. I whispered to him. why? and he wheeled me over to jack and mum. Dad and mum started talking and asking questions about each other. Me and jack hugged he told me about living with dad and that he was so happy to see me. We all hugged hard. I gained hope and all I had to do was keep on wheeling.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!