War

I was alone, trapped. Forgotten, I've been running for days, weeks, maybe even months. I can't even remember the last time I washed, ah wait no. The last time I washed was when that hive of bees chased me into the water.

But still, since I fled from my hometown. I've had no connection to the outside world. From my most recent discoveries, the war has been going on for more than 5 months, meaning that I've been on the run for over 4. I had fled my house with nothing, as I ran into the forest I watched the troops storm through my house and take my Momo as their hostage, then they put the house in flames. Leaving no trace of their, "friendly visit.”

The last time saw my mother she looked me in the eye and said; "Run, run my darling!" I could see the fear in her eyes. "Come with me Momo," I pleaded, but that's when the troops came into our house and took her hostage, that was the last I ever saw of her. I ran out the back, with 20 or more troops on my tail, I wasn't going to make it. But then it was was like the spirits were on my side! A great gust of wind pushed me forward. At last! I was safe. I quickly made my way into the middle of the forest, never to be seen again.

That night I could hear my mother weeping, I could hear the army torturing her to tell them my whereabouts, but still she never spoke up, lash after lash on her back from the whip, they still were getting no answers, that was when I regretted everything,A single shot rang out and she was dead, never to breathe again.

The rest of that night I mourned her death, asking the spirits; why? Why my Momo? And that was when I swore that I would run into that armies fortress and take them. See how they like it. However until then, I Shall raise an army of my own.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!