The Magical Cave

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

The waves crashed down on me as I woke up to the sounds of the sea, I look around and asked myself, where am I? I start to look around as I wander around the big, sandy beach. Then I spotted a cave.
I walked into the dark, gloomy cave. Everything was silent apart from the slow drip of water trickling on my head. Suddenly the silence was shattered by a loud, roaring scream. What was that? I question myself as I wandered further into the damp cave.
As I turned the corner, my heart was pounding harder than it has ever have before. It was a dead end. Waiting on the wall was a puzzle on the wet wall. I went up to the wall and wiped away the vines and water. I noticed this puzzle from my grandmother’s house, it was a Sudoku puzzle. I wondered if the puzzle opened the wall. If it did move the wall, I wondered what was on the other side of the wall. Maybe there was gold or buried pirate treasure. I got the correct answer…after eleven tries.
As the door opened, there was a scream again what could that be? The bright light of lava blinded me. What was on the other side of this door was amazing, it was beautiful it was a volcano spitting out piping hot lava. The lava was like a magnet, it drew me in. I walk towards it. The lava had surely blinded me by now. I walked up the volcano’s steep side. The hot lava burnt my feet like hot sauce on my tongue. I was completely submerged in lava when I heard the scream again, but this time it was louder, as if I was getting closer to it.
After about two minutes of falling, I finally reached the bottom on the burning, hot volcano. There was a hole in the side of the volcano, so I wandered over to the hole and discovered the most wonderful sight ever. It was lush green grass and trees. There was a huge lake and a massive, towering mountain. The roar was even louder than before, as is it was behind the mountain. I walk over to the mountain as I take in all the beauty of this amazing place on earth.
I got closer to the mountain, a tail whipped around the mountain. A huge, scaly face looked at me. I started pacing backwards. The huge dinosaur started to chase me. I ran into the volcano and started climbing the wall of the piping hot volcano. I get out thinking that it stopped following me but as I turned my back to leave, it came out to catch me. I ran as fast as my short legs could take me. I turned left, then I could see where I came in from. I carried myself out of that cave and went to the forest. I knew it was coming for me. What now?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!