The Deep Unknown

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

5 years ago
Pacific Ocean
Fisherman boat
Space shuttle fly’s through the sky, lands next to the fisherman boat, they inform the police but the police get the case taken away by the C.I.A.
Present moment
I am walking down the street to the office, I work for the C.I.A and apparently we’re finally going to make a move on the space shuttle that landed in the Pacific Ocean five years ago. No one made a move on it yet, our government is the only one that knows about it, only some of the government, it was made above top secret.

The general walks in and says, “There have been some Russian ships in the area.” We had a close eye on the area, we had readings of subs and ships are Russian ships. But we can’t do anything about it because its open ocean, but they’re really close and think they have picked up something. We have to do something, something must be decided.

I’ve been put on the team to dive down and check it out. We leave at 0400 tomorrow.
Next day
We’re just about to dive, soldiers, agents, scientists.
We’re nearly there when the ship above is shot and explodes around us. We all reckon Russians, and they probably know what we’re doing. We get ready in a hurry and get help. We found a hole in the space ship and we made it into a spot where we can take our gear off.
We looked around the ship for awhile, trying to get a radio signal to get back up. It looked weird down here, the writing on the wall and the metal, it’s out of this world. We saw some light up ahead. We’ve been down here approximately an hour so we thought it may be the bridge and what we all see is out of this world.
It was people they were, but not Russians, they must what have been in the ship. Someone asks if they speak English. We ask if they were from this planet, they said they were but they got taken about 100 years ago. We ask how they were still alive.
They said, “There tech was 2000 years ahead of ours.”
But before we ask more questions the Russians come and start shooting the humans, putting us into an escape pod, and launched us and said, “We knew you were coming so we have made a distress call for you.”
As we run to the pods the ship starts leaking. We made it to the pods before another human gave me a tape and pushes us in the pod shooting us out into the ocean.
I play the tape and it says, “We did not harm, we knew you were coming you, treated us peacefully, that’s why we did not harm. We put some files in the pod for you of their species, we have self-destructed the ship, we may survive though. See you around.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!