The Unicorns That Played Soccer!

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Once upon a time there was a land of unicorns.
They were the silent guardians of the world! They would watch over the humans and keep them safe.
One day, the unicorns realised that they were missing out on something!
Every weekend, the unicorns would watch the humans play a game called soccer. The unicorns were top secret so nobody could know. They would watch them play and play and smile at the fun they had.
So one day, the King unicorn, Maximus, decided that they should play soccer so that they could have fun too.
The unicorns chose their teams equally. One team was called Fierce Unicorns and the other team was Sweet Unicorns. King Maximus was the referee.
Each team made their shirts. The Fierce Unicorns wore shirts that were red and black and the Sweet Unicorns made theirs white with a rainbow. The Fierce Unicorns looked scary but the Sweet Unicorns knew that they could defeat them.
Both teams practised remembering how they had seen the humans play. Unicorns have magical powers but King Maximus said that they were forbidden to use them to play soccer! The Fierce Unicorns were fast and strong. The Sweet unicorns were not as fast or strong but they still had a lot of fun playing in their team.
Finally, the day was here!
The Fierce unicorns started with the ball. They were fast! They took a shot and scored the first goal! Then, the Sweet unicorns took the ball and worked as a team and scored a goal. They kept on playing and both teams scored more goals.
The match was coming to an end and the score was even. The next team to score would be the champions!
The Fierce unicorns were still strong but the Sweet Unicorns kept on being a team and just before the final whistle they scored! The Sweet Unicorns were the champions and King Maximus handed them their trophy. The Fierce Unicorns did not mind because they knew that the other team had played well and deserved to win. They each got a medal for taking part.
The unicorns from each team did three cheers for the other team just like they had seen the humans do after their games.
Everyone enjoyed themselves so much that King Maximus agreed that the unicorns should come together every week to play soccer.

The end.













FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!