The Adventures Of Diana Dalmatian

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

"Woof, woof" howled a young, orphan Dalmatian. Her name was Diana. Diana was being chased by her horrid owners. SUDDENLY out of nowhere, a sign appeared! It read Microscopic Street. Diana did not understand what the name meant but she bolted in anyway. It was quiet until…the loud rattling of the bins knocking down and the barking of Diana filled the air. Suddenly, a white coat and strict looking millionaire mad scientist bolted outside the door. "WHAT’S ALL THAT RACKET?" he boomed narrowing his beady eyes.
His strict voice sounded so firm that everything was quiet except for the crickets beeping in the creek. A silver badge flashed in the moonlight. It read DSA (Deep Space Antenna).
He scanned the dark moonlit street for anything suspicious on his list of scary things. Nothing was suspicious until…Bang? CRASH? Loud noises from Diana filled the air twice again.
He carefully closed the giant laboratory door with a Click. His keys jingled and jangled as he placed them gently in his pocket and strode over to his office desk. Next to his office was a wide window. His eyes widened when he saw a tail perking beside his window, “Oi you? Get back here,” he screeched, running up to the open window. “Blast?” he exclaimed angrily as he stormed back to his office. “This is supposed to be a private street?” he mumbled. He went back to work. Suddenly, caught by surprise, his wife stood in front of his desk and asked him a question, “Was there a dog beside the door?”
“Yes,” muttered the millionaire.
“Eeek!” screamed the millionaire’s wife. She was a big fan of dogs, especially Dalmatians.
The millionaire’s wife was named Fiona.
Fiona ran out the door as fast as lightning. She was desperate to find Diana. Diana had found some paper and hid under it. Fiona started the search, she found Diana sleeping under a stack of newspaper. Fiona carefully picked Diana up and put her in a cosy, warm basket.
The next morning Diana woke up. Fiona sat next her.
“Good morning Diana,” said Fiona. When Diana took a good look around, she found herself in the National Space Station wearing a spacesuit. Fiona had taken Diana to space. Five minutes later…
Diana and Fiona landed happily on Mars and had a giant 'Mars Bar'.
They chatted with the aliens. They did easy gymnastics, such as flips and cartwheels. They had a good time together and because of Diana, Fiona became a famous scientist and raised enough money to have her own research Space Station. The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!