The Dancing Light

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

The darkness is at its peak and the happiness is small, I walk through the valley of bashfulness and hate, wanting to disappear but alas I cannot fall through my own fate. As I know that the fountain has the tears of my hut and loss. Closing, shutting me out to the light above and all I do is vanish spreading the cold, with no warmth in sight, I tip toe through the puddles of sorrow and pity trying to ponder to the bubbles of lust and joy. As my sight lingers on the path to my future, to my surprise I see a flicker of light dance through the shadows. I run desperately seeking for that flash of light to return. I scamper searching high and low for the golden light. My legs feel as if they were caught in quicksand, pulling me down making it hard to breathe. I tumble through the shadows to discover the dancing light pericing through the shadows. I stumble upon a door, the door was worn from wisdom and darkness. I shudder as I feel warmth spreading from the door. Gently I press my fingers against the old wood, searching for an opening, hesitantly my fingers grope the latch, not thinking about the outcomes. Without a word the door swung open into hot bursting light that ripped savagely into my soul. Through the pain I pull myself towards the light as it crushes me whole and screeching fills my head. The light engulfs my black heart and I feel unknown feelings spill gently, making me feel numb. As the golden light drags me further into the light I disappear feeling courageous once more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!