Swamp Thing Dream.

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Right now I am stuck in the middle of the ocean because my friends lied. My friends told me that there was no school but I found out (too late) that it was a normal school day. I wondered why he was lying. Before I knew what was happening he had pushed me into a boat and I woke up floating in the middle of the ocean. I had better get out my mobile and call Fireman Sam, I thought gloomily.
As I took my phone out of my pocket it slipped out of my hand and fell out of the boat and into the ocean. I debated in my mind whether to just overboard and get it or not. I decided it was worth getting wet for and dove into the water. I threw a life jacket on before I jumped overboard but it wasn’t strapped on and it came off and floated out to sea, out of my reach. Even if I had managed to keep the life jacket on I would have still sunk because the water had grabbed me and was pulling me down. I was struggling against the water but the more I struggled the more tired I got. I decided to just let the water drag me under. I thought this was the end, I was going to drown. Suddenly something hit me in the face and I passed out, unconscious.
When I came around I saw this giant beast slowly advancing on me. It felt like I was in a very bad dream. Its peacock feather eyes locked on me and it was coming closer, closer… I couldn’t move because I was hanging on a wall. I could do nothing except watch him.
I had a light bulb moment and remembered that I was an undercover agent and I had my watch on. My watch unlocks every gadget possible. I activated the automatic pocket knife with its automatic camera. The camera makes it possible for the pocket knife to know where to cut and where not to cut.
I cut myself free. The beast was about a half a metre from me. It raised its knife like hand and lunged. I kicked at the knife like hand but cause no damage. My kick did surprise the creature but it recovered quickly and ran after me again. When it caught me it started to pour water over my head. I blinked in surprise and realised that this was all just a dream. I opened my eyes to find my friend standing above me with a huge glass of water pouring it over my head. I started to yell, “STOP!” and my friend looked at me and laughed, “You were screaming>” he said.
I was safe and I felt really lucky because it was all just a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!