The Lonely Castle

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

The old cobblestone linker bridge beneath me creaks loudly, which warns me of perils ahead on my adventurous journey. All I can see is mossy buildings that are the remains of an ancient castle. Nobody is about. The whole place is empty and full of dark magic. Not a soul around except me. My body fills with uneasiness and discomfort. I can hear flocks of birds above me, but I cannot see them, as if they are not actually there. The chime bell chirps all day long as if singing its own pulsing song. As I look over the sides of the mouldy bridge, I hear water bubbling merrily in the inky blackness below. I hear rumbling thunder in the distance and see the vast sky darkening. What is happening I do not know but I know I must run... Fast!
Danger is coming and I am ready for it, at last a battle of the age. I am unarmed but I believe I can fight whatever is coming for me. I cannot remember what, if anything I have done wrong. Then I remember, the three stones belonging to this mysterious land’s God ‘Amizahm’ that I had stolen for my land (Mars) to help fight the war that was present in it, and now there was a war in this one too. All because of me. I wanted to help my land (Mars) by giving the people the power to fight the Great War. While very briefly keeping my mind occupied, I hadn’t noticed that a glistening gold sword had formed in my very hands. "Great, now we’re talking power!" I thought to myself. As I build up my energy, I see a gargantuan race of knights on horses, flying towards me at insanely high speeds. I dart out of the way still holding my sword high.
As they come flying past, a knight spots me in the bush, and his eyes lock on me, “Oh dear,” I stammer. I reach out to kill the great knight, but he suddenly disappears along with all of the others. “What is going on?” I exclaim. Then my screen darkens to nothing. “Oh man! Not again!” I disappointingly declare. My computer has crashed for the third time this week.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!