Restricted

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

The steel felt crisp as my hand clutched the bars. I knew there was no escape. Inside my head was like a tornado, spinning with regrets. Why did I do this? Was it because of memories? Or was it because of Them? I have tried everything to escape but nothing has worked. I am desperate to get out of here.
I’m usually not like this, I’m usually a good person, but something made me go off. I don’t know what though? Everyone thinks I’m a monster, even my family. I’ve gotten no visitors and it isn’t because this prison won’t let me have visitors, it’s because no one wants to visit me. I am stuck in this prison and all I have to eat is this disgusting type of slop. I clenched my fists and accelerated them at the wall making a boisterous sound. Everyone’s heads poked out between the metal bars, all eyes were on me. I looked down at the ground with embarrassment and all I saw was grey.
Anger is spiralling up inside me. I need to get out of here. I have been restricted from the world and everything that makes me. But…actually, who needs the outside world anyway? They are the reason I am in here, well that’s what I think? Should I keep trying to get out of here or should I just give up?
I am starting to feel claustrophobic in here. My mind is playing tricks on me, I think the walls are closing in. I feel disoriented in the room with no windows because there is no way to see the outside world. Is it dark, or is it bright? How many days have I been here? I know it has been a while because my stomach feels empty inside just like my heart.
I feel so restricted, I am just craving to run freely through fields, on the beach and...and everywhere, just everywhere. For no reason, except... To be free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!