The Night Of Our Lives

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

‘I’m so excited!’ announced John.
‘Me too, ‘Alex answered.
‘For what?’ Dad asked.
‘Nothing!’ they both replied simultaneously.
‘Then why are you both so excited, and what are you excited for?’ Dad questioned.
*silence*
‘Don’t get up to anything boys,’ Dad told them.
The night before Alex and John found out that there was going to be a party, thrown by the High School Jocks. They had planned to sneak in by dressing up in disguise.
Alex and John were in their dads shed building stilts to look taller than they actually are. They had also been looking around for some large jackets in the local shops. John had spotted some jumpers that look like the Jocks jackets! They both walked into an op shop with weird faces and took two of the jumpers without paying for them and ran.
The security guard saw them and then he tried to catch them. The two boys ran for their lives. Alex and John were so scared that they got lost. They found a sign and it turned out that they were going in completely the wrong direction. Alex and John both turned around, but the guard had caught up to them. They both ran to the other side of the centre. The guard came over and the two boys juked him. They ran around him and ran to the other side of the shop. Then all of a sudden, they miraculously found an exit. Alex and John ran home just in case the guard came around the corner.
‘We’re almost finished,’ Alex screamed.
‘I know. This is going to be great,’ John cried in excitement.
‘Hey Alex, what time is it?’ John asked.
‘Oh shoot its 7:30, where going to be late, ‘Alex screamed in astonishment.
‘We better get going,’ John mumbled nervously.
Alex and John dashed to the shed and finished their costumes.
‘We look ridiculous,’ Alex laughed.
‘Don’t worry, they won’t even bother asking questions, probably,’ John said nervously.
They both ran to the house that the party was getting thrown at and discovered that the party wasn’t a normal party. It was a night where the high school students were planning on egging the school and making monstrosities of the senior citizens houses and nursing homes. You may say that they were planning to prank old people and try and get a day out of school Alex grabbed his phone out to record the students talking about their devious plans to show to their principal.
The leader of the jocks, Damien Heathridge, sees the two boys and asks, ‘Who the hell are you two?
‘Umm, no one.’ They replied.
‘Grab them!’ Damien shouted.
Alex and John ran for their lives, but the jocks were just too quick. Luckily, they both turned a corner and right there were the police. ‘The police officer asked, ‘Are you all right?’
The boys replied with help!’ the officer saw the jocks and called their parents and then took the boys home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!