Magic Globe

“MAMA I’M HOME” my brother yells as we walk through the front door. Walking through our cluttered house searching for mama. But no sign of her. We notice a small box on the bench in the kitchen. We stand confused, until the curiosity got the better of us. We open the old box to see what’s inside.
A glow spills out of the box. A globe… a glowing globe. Admiring the globe, we decide what it could be and what to do with it. “It’s clearly a glow in the dark globe”, my brother
declares. “we should put it in my room”. Up the stairs we went and across the hall. We placed it on my bedside table and walk down stairs to eat afternoon tea. I drift off to sleep.
I dream about going to New York, I see the statue of liberty and ate a New York Hot Dog. It was like it was real. Whilst I nap the globe glows brighter than before. I was starting to wake up but suddenly it zapped me and Hunter to a dark room were a lady with curly red hair was standing there. “MAMA”, Hunter and I both scream. We run like the wind to her, hugging her till she pops. “C...C... Cobi, Hunter- MY BOYS”, we look around. Suddenly a small, stone stair case slowly appears.
After lots of thinking we had decided to go up the stairs. We had finally reached the top, it was really dark and cold, there was no one around, just me, Hunter and Mama. We all tiptoe over to a golden bird cage, it was big enough to fit a human about my height. We all circle the cage. A huge gust of sparkly wind blows us all about one metre away from the cage.
Suddenly, the cage somehow had a bird inside, around 50cm high and was very thin. The bird caught alight from an invisible ash. Eventually it the fire disappeared and turn into an old man with a pointed hat. He had a white robe, a long beard, almost hiding his Dimond blue eyes. He looked at us top to bottom, Mama then Hunter then me, he stopped at my necklace. It was a T-rex tooth tied to a piece of string, the tooth had some sort of marking on it, it was like the infinity sign but with a cross in the middle. He said to me “Use the necklace on my enemy”. We had to get him out, so we picked the lock with one of Mama’s hair clips. We had gotten him out and were on our way to his enemy.
After walking for an hour, we arrived at a castle. The old man had told me how to defeat the enemy. I did what he said, it worked, I ripped off my necklace and made it reflect green, pink and blue light, It hit the enemy and he disappeared into thin air. The wizard helped us home and we use the Magic Globe now to travel around the world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!