The Child Eating Monster

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Kids are mysteriously disappearing, left and right. Suspicious activities have been happening all over town. Kids bodies engulfed by a pool of blood, have been found lying everywhere in town. People are getting extremely paranoid about the dead kids. Only 8 kids remain in this entire town. I've investigated a few of these crimes and found the source of the crime. I figured it would be at the haunted house down Lunan street. They say that a young, naive boy once entered the house and never returned. I thought it was just a practical joke but now I know it’s real.

Right now, at this very moment, I'm trapped and isolated in this rickety, ramshackle house with my friends Jane, Darcy, Lucas, and Jackson. It’s pitch black in here. Dust, cobwebs, and blood cover every inch of this house. My mother would never let me be in here, yet here I am. All I have with me is a simple backpack with food and water, along with a handy pocket knife my dad gave to me before he died. He said to always have it close to me, in case anything dangerous happened to me. I also have my sisters flashlight. I know she would be mad at me if I took it but what can she do to me. She's dead and there's nothing I can do about it.

A chill rolls down my spine as we wander through the house, unaware that we are being watched. As I shine my flashlight through the corridors, I check if the doors are unlocked. Unfortunately, they aren't, so I start heading back. Suddenly, I see something swiftly slice through the air, cutting an object in the process. A high pitched scream alarmed us and nearly made me jump out of my skin. I turn around and see Darcy and Jackson's bodies lying on the staircase, illuminated by the moonlight and their eyes gazing off into the distance as their blood drenches the floor.

Jane gasps at the sight of her treasured friend now dead and lifeless. I shudder at the sight of it. Lucas speechless slowly proceeds on up the staircase. We follow unable to contain what had just happened. We found all the doors locked just as we did downstairs, all except the last door in the corner which was left slightly ajar and produced a small beam of light. Gradually, we approached the door. Just when I was about to open the door, it swings open.

Through the moonlight, I can see a silhouette of a figure towering over us. Her hair is sleek and red as blood and flows on her back as the wind carries it along her. Her skin is as pale as the moon. The other half of her body is the tail of a snake which coils and recoils as she slithers across the room. She is about to strike at us when...
...to be continued!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!