Who's There (twisted Fairytale)

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Clutching the blanket, I bend down, spine shivering and all. How did this happen?

Gazing at the clock wondering when the bell would--- “RING RING” there we go… I walked leisurely down the way, I felt eyes peering on me. As if I was a trampled piece of gum. All at once that faded away… in a deep hole.

A voice echoed into my ear, “Cindy? Cinderella?!” My eyes bolted open. “Yes?” I flinched a bit. The vision faded away, a lady appeared in front of me! She had hair straight as an arrow, fingers plump as plums and eyes wide as the widest road.

The woman had a sharp voice and said, “You should be thankful! This young, gorgeous, MAN saved your puny life!” “ Please let the girl speak, she shares the same life as you”, the man had a charming voice, he had shiny black hair and wore a set of Rumpelstiltskin clothes and Ariel shoes.

“Sit up darling, what’s your name?” Said the man. “Cindy,” I replied in a stern voice. “Cinderella Cindy”. The man just left. I was suspicious at the moment. How did I fall? Was it a fall at all or a intentional mistake? I peered through the stained window. He took out a note and wrote something down, I couldn’t quite see what he wrote down, as soon I bobbed my head back and forth the man gave a cold smirk, he knew I was there.

The sun rose. It was Saturday, why couldn’t there be one more day of school. Every Saturday and Sunday I clean, the whole entire 4 STORY HOUSE! A few seconds I would be call-- “CINDERELLA!” A perky voice shouted all the way to the top. “Coming”, I said.
I scurried down the stairs. Left foot, right foot. “It took 4.5 more seconds than yesterday! Anyway, your sisters and I’ve been invited to a party at the young man’s house. You however, shall not be going!” WHAT?! Yes! A whole evening without my annoying family YES!, wait.. Is that the creepy dude’s house? I think I’ll pass.

When my sisters’ and mother went to the house I was left alone. In a sudden thump, a fat lady with golden hair appeared before me in a fluffy blue dress. I thought I was delusional. She spoke in a soft voice.

“You done?” ,I nodded. “Ok listen kiddo, i’m your Fairy Odd mother and your my odd child ok?” “Fairy WHAT mother?” “Odd mother” “ What do you do?” “I tell if something is odd! Right now that “man” you met he’s a killer, he gonna take your live and shove it down that icky drain you forgot to clean for 6 months!”

“ Listen to me carefully,’’ I gulped. “Ok”.

Let’s fast forward to current time:
“OPEN UP!” said the man. “I TOOK THEIR LIVES I CAN TAKE YOURS TOO!” The door broke open as giant thumps can up the stairs. THUMP THUMP THUMP! I was gone… into the underworld…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!