Katie The Cow

There was a remarkable cow called Katie. She was the best cow and made really good milk. Farmer Jack and his family loved Katie’s milk because it was really creamy. Farmer Jack always made sure she had plenty of grass. Her paddock had a really zappy electric fence. If you happened to touch the zappy electric fence it would zap you so hard you’d knocked over. Ouch, it hurt lots! One day Farmer Jack was busy and he forgot to move Katie to fresh new yummy grass. Katie was very hungry, she mooed and looked longing at the long yummy grass over the zappy electric fence. She thought… There must be some way she could get over that fence. She looked around to see if there was a bit of broken fence. But alas, there was no broken fence. Katie looks around and sees the bull standing next to the electric fence. She has an idea… She sneaks up to the bull. He is munching grass. She gets closer, and closer and then suddenly she shoves the bull into the fence. He falls onto the zappy electric fence. The fence snaps! SNAP! The bull roars and jumps. He runs… He doesn’t care where he is going. He leaps straight into the effluent pond and stands in the middle. He doesn’t look happy. But Katie is very happy and trots over to the long yummy grass.






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!