A Cat’s Business


Cats are intelligent, Graceful and fit perfectly in suits. Everything you need for starting a business. I’m Camelot, a male British shorthair with an incredible business called the ‘CatFur’.

It’s a Monday, which means I’m back to work, selling clothing.

“Oh hello sir! Do you sell navy blue ties in a size… 5?” A man wearing a blue suit asked as he slammed a $10 dollar note on the counter.

“Yes I do sir!” I answered as I went to the back to fetch a navy blue size five tie. As I returned I noticed the costumer had left to go to the ‘CatsFluff’ next door!

“Excuse me! Sir! Do you want your tie or not? SIR!” I shouted, why did he go there instead of here?

“I’m going over there.” I mumble to myself as I bard over. I see...Tazziki!? Tazziki is my old friend, and now he’s starting a business to over power mine!?

“Well two can play at that game!”

That night I study, research, plan and pack a business bag!

“Hello, mum? I’ve started a business called… no… you don’t need to join, anyway, it’s called ‘CatFur’ and I would like you to help a little? I would like you to get the family and ask if they’ll donate money, please? Yes! Thanks mummy! See you tomorrow! Bye!” I say as I put down my phone and go to bed.

BEEP! DING! BONG!

I jump to my feet and scramble to my phone in fear. What was that noise? I turn on my phone and see 5 messages from my mum saying

“Hey Cammy! Uncle Cream is donating $100!”
“Hey Cammy! Aunty Chocolate is donating $120!”
“Hey Cammy! Cousin Hummus, J.J, and Pip is donating $307 altogether”

Yes! $527 That should be enough to upgrade my business! I sprint over to grab my business case and run out the door. As fast as I could I got out my phone and called ‘BuildingMogs’ the building company.

“Hello? Can I please book you in for you to rebuild my...business… um place? Yes! Thank you! Today!?! You’ll do it today oh yes! Thank you! I’ll pay $500 for now! Bye!” I say to one of the builders, I shove my phone in my pocket and open the door to my business as fast as I could. It’s 5:07am.

The builders arrive at 6:00am.

“Ey! Little cat! Did ya empty your little shop?” Growled one of the builders.
“Yes...mr...Timmy...sir.” I whimpered as I read his name tag, ‘Timmy jr’ it read.
“Good!” He showed as he showed me away. I ran over to Tazziki’s shop. I look in threw the window to see him and another business man. I place my ear to the window.

“Were getting rid of your shop. It’s stealing ‘CatFur’s customers! Timmy the builder next door told me!” Said the business man to Tazziki. I turn and see Timmy as he winks and leaves.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!