The Untold Story Of Harry

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Whilst cooking on my old, oak chair, panting for breath, I reminisced about the time I still had a full head of jet black hair.Tears cascaded like waterfalls down my wrinkled cheek as I contemplated my fond memories of Harry.
Harry was my best friend when I was young. Back in those days Harry and I had rich but miserable lives. So, we thought of an escape. After another tedious day the plan was ready to be placed in action. When midnight struck, we escaped through the corrugated iron vent. Harry and I were outside alone in the darkness of the freezing, unforgiving night.
Next, We wondered what to do. We spotted a wondrous, rusty gate in the distance.We scampered towards it like mice. Upon reaching it, it had vanished out of sight! We were no longer in our boring town.
We have been transported to a gloomy forest! We were greeted by a tiny man, a dwarf! Rushing toward him harry inquired, " Where are we ?"
The dwarf replied, "You are in the land of Ogres."
Suddenly we heard Boom! Boom! Boom! We turned around and were paralysed with fear. It was a ogre! He shouted,"How dare you invade my land!"
His breath smelled of rotten garlic."Your punishment is that one of you must die!" he boomed. Harry, braver than Hercules, stood up and exclaimed, " I will."
I have missed him every day since.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!