Back Together Again In The Future

Can you hear the giggles of the trouble maker girls? The cars zoom past as smoke whooshes out of their engines. This didn't all happen in 1905, people were still riding on horses back then. You might think that I'm really crazy if I say this , but I'm a time traveller and somehow I've left 1905 and come here to 2018. My best friend Shina is doing everything, she can to get me back home.

Right now I'm stuck here and the time collecters are after me for something I don't know about, I'm guessing it's this necklace that made me time travel here. I'm also a ballerina and everything has changed since 1905 here at the Paris Opera Ballet school, I can't believe that they've invented mayonaise and egg put together, it's so delicious.

I've forgotten to introduce myself, my name is Amber, Amber Dawn. The amazing, sensational thing is that someone has invented technology, 'tech' they now say and a computer scientist named Tim Berners-Lee invented the world wide web. Isn't it amazing!

I've made some friends here like Kaitlyn and also an enemy named Thea. Kaitlyn always has my back and she can be a bit umm, what's the word, sarcastic. However Thea thinks that she's the best dancer in the world.

Me and Shina can connect weirdly by passing messages through a brick in the veranda of the Paris Opera and she actually has some pretty good plans to get me back home.

Mrs Carine our head instructor has just given me the opportunity to perform the ballet solo at the open season showcase next week and I can't stay still. Now in 2018 I'm so busy, I'm either sleeping or dancing that's it. I can wait to tell Shina!

One week later,
My right foot steps onto the hard, wooden stage as my other foot follows, I take the biggest breath I could possiblily take until releasing the air when suddenly Thea taps my back and hands me a letter. "It's from Shina!" I squeal as confused look splashes on my face. "How did you get this?" I ask curiously but she doesn't answer
Dear Amber,
Meet me at the Eiffel Tower 12'oclock sharp tonight
From Shina

This was the hardest decision that I have ever had to make in my whole entire life but getting bake to Shina was the most important thing and that's what I need to do. I beg Kaitlyn to do my part for me as I run to the Eiffel Tower, suddenly the clock strucks midnight and Shina is right infront of me. I run to hug her as a hand snatches her away from me, one second she's here and one second she's gone. Tears start to pour down my face as I collapse to the ground.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!