Techno

Techno

In year 309,600,800,034 a town turned high tech. Soon, countries and civilisations on all planets followed. A galaxy of computers buzzing, buttons pressed, a galaxy of depression.
Earth was a myth…to most. The Earth was called “Techno”. There was an underground passage that led from the Statue of Liberty. You would land on material, or so the myth said, to break falls. At the end there were ponds, lakes and plants and the houses were brick. According to the myth, the passage was secret. No one believed in it if they lived above the surface.
There was a group called E.D.S (Earth Destruction Squad). Sergeant Mence looked at his dashboard. It exclaimed, “Red Alert! Red Alert!”
“What?” said Mence, “Open a file!”
“Country Unknown. Continent – North America,” replied the dashboard.
“Can’t be false,” said Sergeant Mence.
So, he recruited “Larted” as Head of Security and Officers Brooke, Troit, Qwell and Zwet. They teleported to the Statue of Liberty, to start searching.
Remey, who lived underground, was above surface. If underground dwellers went above, they called themselves “Slithers”.
Slithers knew, without proper identification above ground, they would be killed. Remey saw Larted and at the same time saw the ground shaking. Remey knew it was the “Ground Fighter”, an underground monster. Now he had two reasons to run. He slid down the passage and ran to the Underground Prime Minister, shouting, “Evacuate everyone!”
Remey ran home and got a sword and bow with arrows. He climbed back up the passage to set traps. When he returned underground every below-ground dweller had evacuated. Then he noticed a house on fire, it was familiar. He saw the owner and her cat, “Mr Wussy-Pussy Pants” and went to rescue them. Once outside he was knocked out and he woke to see Sergeant Mence.
“They killed most of my men,” said Mence. “Except my Heads of Departments and some others.”
He held Remey by the scruff and says, “It’s time I destroyed your home. There’s a drill going into it. Only the button here will stop it.”
Remey punched Mence and scrambled for the button, but missed. Then he realised he must flee. After a mile’s run, he saw people in cells. He spoke to them about his plan. He saw a guard and knocked him out. Remey put the guard’s uniform on, took his key and freed the prisoners. He got on the guard’s buggy with three escapees to find Sergeant Mence. They spotted him and stopped, it was time for the plan.
Mence said to his computer, “Prisoners are here to commence training.”
One of the prisoners said, “Master, we have something for you.”
He took out an iron box. Mence opened it, and then, “KAPOW!”
Mence is punched by Remey, who is in the box. One of the prisoner’s dives for the button but misses falling down a hole lined with clawed metal. Then, in disbelief, knowing his home will be destroyed, Remey hits the button.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!