Bad Llama

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

“Beeh!”
The sound of my pet llama woke me up and I fell out of bed. “Bad llama!” I shouted. I have to regret adopting this llama. I mean, it could have been a better llama, but I probably got the worst one out of them. However, I find llamas awesome. “Get out of my room!” I shouted. The llama obeyed but spat in my face before it left. I spluttered as I got off the floor and got changed into clean clothes. I then went down and shouted, “Get in the car!” And went into my car. But what I didn’t know was that my llama wouldn't be loyal to me as it was his first car trip… I arrived where I intended to but it took me an extra hour. The reason is, because my llama never travelled in a car before, it didn’t behave accordingly. Something it did was try and spit on all the windows in my car. Next, it tried to stick its head out the window and try to get in the way of other people driving. Finally, he tried to steer the steering wheel by putting his leg on the wheel when I wasn’t looking and when I hit the gas, I went sideways. What I’m probably excited about is the fact that I’m still alive after the whole ordeal!
“Get out” I said to my llama. He obeyed, only to find myself covered in spit again. But when I shut the door, I realised that I left my keys, my wallet and my phone locked inside the car! I looked at my llama and it looked at me and all I got from it was, "Beeh" and it walked away.
“Come back!” I shouted, hoping the llama would come back. I ran after it and fortunately I managed to catch up to it before it crossed the road. “Now listen here” I said to my llama. “You may not like me and I may not like you but now we have to work together, ok?” The llama nodded and then we walked back to the car.
I noticed a little stick on the ground and I thought it could help me pick the lock of my car. I tried the side doors and the boot and the boot opened. “Yes!” I exclaimed, “It’s open!” Then my llama put his neck in a bit of wire that was at the back and wrenched it apart and got his neck all the way to the front. “Good llama” I said, “get the shiny things!”
“Beeh” replied the llama. Instead of getting my stuff, it opened the door with its mouth.
“Good job” I said, while patting its head and getting in to get my stuff and getting out. And my llama closed the boot when it got out. Then we walked into the pet shop. I used to think llamas were cool, then I doubted them, but in the end they still are cool.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!