Blue Wave

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

As I sat down against the crumbly, rocky sandstone cliff, the cold breeze blowing firmly against my face I noticed a gloomy cloud brewing over the ocean. The dolphins were soaring through the water and over the waves like I had never seen before.

Eventually the rain came and as I stepped onto the damp sand – ‘BANG’! A noise so loud it was ear-splitting. I ran to my cave as I felt a tingle run through my spine. When I got there I looked out to the ocean to calm me down and I saw the tip of a ship’s mast just above the surface of the stormy, navy ocean.

At that moment as the horrifying storm passed, suspicion got the better of me, so I dashed along the beach firmly pressing my feet on the damp, beige sand. As I got to where the sand meets the blue I looked out and the mast was bubbling vigorously on the surface. When I looked over my shoulder and back again the mast had vanished!

I looked around anxiously, my heart thumping before I dived into the deep sapphire ocean. It was like another world that sparkled like a thousand diamonds. I closed my eyes and felt a dolphin rush past me at rapid speed.

As I pushed off the sea floor to the surface to take a breath I looked down and noticed a dark shadow lurking underneath me. I looked at it in panic, took a deep breath and travelled, down, down, down towards the shadow. As I observed the shadow closely I saw it to be an old, sunken ship wreck and attached to the top of the ship was the mast I saw.

I went for a closer look and covered in seaweed there was writing. I ripped off the tough bull kelp and read two words: ‘Blue Wave’. I suddenly had to breathe so I scrambled up the surface of the clear blue ocean.

As I reached the surface I saw the sunset on the horizon. I swam back to shore as quickly as I could and hauled myself up the sand feeling extremely tired. Ultimately I reached my cave with a proud smile upon my face. With the wind in my hair and my feet in the sand I know I’m not alone because now I have ‘Blue Wave’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!