Kaleigh The Koala

“Bang!”
“Kaleb, stop making explosions in your room,” I overheard mum say. “It’s not my room,” yelled Kaleb. “It’s my science lab”.
“Whatever,” mum screamed. “You’ve eaten dinner ten minutes ago”.

“Dinner time, come and get some juicy gum-leaves and berries,” Mum called, ringing a bluebell. My seven SIBLINGS got inside first, of course, just like always. First was Kate and Kasey. Second was Kat and Kyan. Third was Kaleb and Caitlyn. Then Kathryn and after her was me, the youngest of them all, Kaleigh. But not for long because Mum’s having a baby boy and girl, so TWINS, Kendall and Lily. Us koalas have a lot of babies. Mum wants to have the twins in our tree house home.

Every night, we look out for when the sun sets together and watch when it sets.
“Time to watch the sunset together”, Dad called out.
“Okay,” we all shouted. There were colours of purples and pinks, yellows and oranges, even some reds, blues and greens.
“Ohh,” we said in our quiet voices. “Ahh,” we whisper. The sun was bright colours of yellow and gold. It rose in the East and set in the West.

Mum had the babies.
“Yay,” we all scream.
“Congratulations on your ten children, Kendall and Lily,” we shout. When Kendall grows up, he will be a brown and grey Koala with a white belly, black feet, sharp claws and blue eyes. Lily will be a plain grey coated Koala with a snow white belly, white around her ears, a shiny wet nose and green eyes. They both had cute and fluffy tails. Lily and Kendall were the size of a pale pink jelly bean. So they were going to have to wait years until they have fur. They were so cute. Now I had nine SIBLINGS!!

I wanted to get mum a present because she had the babies. She might want to spend more time with me and not my other siblings, you know, being the youngest and all. So I crept down the tree we lived in and quietly sneaked into the bush.

I decided to get mum a necklace because she’s ALWAYS wanted one but has never had enough gum drops (Koala money) to pay for one. As I was on my way to the city to get mum a necklace you will never guess what happened. Oh what was that, you think I almost got squished by a person. Good try ,that was a good guess but NO. I almost got killed by a car. “Vvvvrrrrmmmm” went the car as it shot past my. It was a red suzki. I found a necklace shop and it was open. So I Quickly ran into the shop, gave then the cute face, grabed a neck lace and ran back home. When I got home I gave the present to mum and she loved it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!