Sucker For You



BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! “Oh no I will be late for school!” I shriek. I jump out of bed and dash to my closet like a lion is trying to chase me. I rip my red and black flanelete jacket and my white t-shirt with the grape juice stain on the sleeve out of my closet, and my skinny denim jeans out of my washing basket. I slipped on my converse shoes that I got for Christmas, and ate a granola bar as I raced to school as fast as an Olympian sprinter.

I finally arrived at school I raced to the office for a tardy slip. Mrs Maroon was sitting behind her desk scoffing down a jelly donut and gulping down a massive mug with very creamy coffee inside. She looked up from her old dusty computer and said “ so miss Bronwyn, what now, a tardy slip, AGAIN!” , her voice echoed through the halls. I nodded and took the slip she handed to me in her bony old hands, and raced off to my English class. There was my teacher, Mr Goldie standing at the front of the class with a very interesting looking boy. I tried not to blush as I walked to my seat and got my books out. I secretly texted my bff Abigail and asked her “ who’s he?”
She replied by saying “ his name is Eric, he is a new student at our school, Mr Goldie is asking for volunteers to show him around, you should put your hand up”. So as all idiots do, I put my hand up. Mr Goldie was surprised and relieved at the same time, so now Eric is my responsibility, woo hoo.

At lunch time Eric sat down with me but he didn’t eat ANYTHING! Although he did have a plastic bottle filled with some sort of red liquid inside. I asked him what it was, he stared at me with his dark brown eyes and said “ it’s c-cordial” he whispered. I didn’t believe him because it didn’t smell like it, and it was much thicker. I am pretty inquisitive so I accidentally on purpose cut myself to see how he reacted. This what I said, “Ouch, I’m pretty clumsy, take a look at that!” He blinked twice and stared at my finger, veins started to bulge out of his skin and his eyes turned blood red. He ran to the boys bathroom making sure nobody saw. My mind was blank and the only thing I could think of was, “he is a vampire!” . I didn’t see him for the rest of the week. The next week as I was walking to school I felt a cool breeze, I turned around and saw Eric his face was very pale, his eyes went red and his veins started bulging, his fangs popped out, CHOMP!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!